Designing a Social Mission
Market Square Architects pledges to give a portion of our year-end profits to non-profit organizations whose mission aligns with those of Market Square Architects. The primary focus areas for these funds will be housing and education and it is our ultimate goal to keep these funds with local charities, where we will get to see their impact and know the greatest need first-hand. Firm partners will select where 75% of the funds are donated and the remaining 25% will be determined by the staff of the organization.
Organizations We Support
Our Commitment to the Environment
Good architecture in not only beautiful and functional, but should always be considerate of the lasting impact that it will have on the environment. This includes the selection of material used, where they are sourced from and how they can be recycled at end of use. Good architecture should also consider the operational use of electricity, water, and fossil fuels. Market Square Architects has been at the forefront of the sustainable design movement and has LEED accredited professionals who have been registered since 2002. We start every project with a sustainable design analysis and a client questionnaire that explores areas that should be considered for integration in the design. This includes the use of geothermal systems, solar arrays and improvements in the building envelope that exceed the minimum requirements of the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC). Our goal is to minimize the impact that each of our projects have on the environment and to be good stewards to the Earth through our work.